One of the most recurring issues with Contact Form 7 is not working in WordPress. Contact Form 7 is a very popular plugin used to send contact information to the site administrator.
|Table of Contents|
|1. get_footer() or wp_head() Missing|
|2. Contact Form 7 Plugin Conflict with Other Plugins or Theme|
|3. Invalid HTML Structure|
|4. Contact Form 7 Mails Goes to SPAM|
|5. When You Took name=name into the Input Field|
Below are the common mistakes has done unknowingly by the developer or site owner.
- Contact Form 7 plugin conflict with other plugin or theme
- Invalid HTML structure
- The mail recognized as spam
- The mail could not be delivered to the outgoing mail server
- wp_head() and get_footer() are missing in footer.php and header.php file
- Misconfiguration in Contact Form 7
01 get_footer() or wp_head() Missing
Apart from several usages of
So if these functions missed from your
02 Contact Form 7 Plugin Conflict with Other Plugins or Theme
Another way to solve this issue is to deactivate the plugins one by one and then reactivate to check conflicts. Same way, try to switch your custom theme to an inbuilt WordPress theme.
03 Invalid HTML Structure
We are presuming that you have created a custom WordPress theme. There might be a broken HTML tag that stops Contact Form 7 working. Another possibility is one of your installed plugins might have broken HTML structure.
In such a case, you need to validate the HTML structure. To validate the HTML structure view page source in your browser and copy all. Open this link W3C Markup Validation Service and paste to validate your HTML.
04 Contact Form 7 mails goes to SPAM
- Huge numbers of people facing the issue of SPAM mail. This usually happens due to the wrong configuration and email providers. Please check the settings of your contact form 7 especially with the field “Additional Headers”. “Additional Headers” should only have “Reply-To”, “Bcc” and “Cc”.
If you have added any mail-tags like “[your-mail]” into the “Additional Headers” then it should be the same and correct as generated by Contact Form 7. An ideal “Additional Headers” field setting should be like the below screenshot.
- If you still facing the issue then try to add a spam detection plugin named “Akismet”. Here is the setup link spam filtering with contact form 7 with Akismet.
- Possibly the mail could not be delivered to the outgoing mail server. In this case, you need to install the SMTP plugin. This is another way to stop SPAM mail. You just need to install this plugin and add an SMTP setting and you’re done.
If you want to setup SMTP without plugin then check out our guide: How to Setup SMTP in WordPress Without Any Plugins.
05 When You Took name=name into the Input Field
This is a very common mistake done by the contact form 7 plugin users. While configuring contact form 7 they took the name of the input field to “name”. To make contact form 7 working you need to change it to something meaningful like
[text* customer-name], [text* sender-name], [text* owner-name], [text* property-name], etc.
That’s all from our end. We hope this article helped you to resolve your Contact Form 7 not working issue in a simpler way.
Additionally read our guide, List of Country Code and State Code for WooCommerce
Please let us know in the comments if everything worked as expected, your issues or any questions. If you think this article saved your time & money, please do comment, share, like & subscribe. Thank you for reading this post 🙂